Below are the 13 rules of life given in the high song of Odin and in Sigrdrifumal, in which the valkyrie gives counsel to Sigurd Fafnisbane. Source: Norse Mythology, or the Religion of Our Forefathers (1875). Containing All the Myths of the Eddas, By R.B Anderson.
- The recognition of the depravity of human nature, which calls for a struggle against our natural desires and forbearance toward the weakness of others.
- Courage and faith both to bear the hard decrees of the norns and to fight against enemies.
- The struggle for independence in life with regard to knowledge as well as to fortune; an independence which should, therefore, be earned by a love of learning and industry.
- A strict adherence to oaths and promises.
- Candor and fidelity as well as foresight in love, devotion to the tried friend, but dissimulation toward the false and war to the death against…
View original post 80 more words