, , , ,

So, I actually went on another vacation this weekend before last. Been planning it for months, to meet up with one of my lady friends for a fun and romantic weekend, and it finally happened. πŸ˜€

As some may recall I went to FL on a road trip a few months back, driving with my dad and switching off. Well, this time I went to Philadelphia, PA all by myself. What was supposed to be a 10 hour drive ended up being more like 13 and I almost got into a couple of wrecks (in where I live, we don’t have roads that split like they’re going to be exits and then join up again, much less have that happen without them being posted. So that was a bit unnerving. I did, however, gets some comics and a cool Thor poster at a rest stop that was some sort of Cavern place. Annoyingly, I had to go through several toll roads I didn’t know about and tolls up there do not accept debit/credit cards. This seems a foolish choice on their part. So that was a bit of an issue.

Philadelphia was fun, and thankfully R had a gps program on her phone, because we got lost all the time we ended up there. And more Tolls, but thankfully by then I had gotten cash to use (and a nifty new Thor wallet from R!). I still don’t entirely see the point of making people pay to use your roads, or exit your state (I’m looking at you Jersey) but we managed to make it through. We were going to go to the Zoo, but as everyone knows we’ve had record breaking heat, well, everywhere. So we went to the aquarium instead. It wasn’t the biggest or most elaborate one I’ve been too, but it was cool and I got to pet and feed rays (they feel slimy) and to pet a shark (it felt like a lizard! :D)

I have a bit of an obsession with sharks sometimes. Total fanboy. I’ll admit.

The rest of our time was mostly spent in the room, staying cool and enjoying romantic things. I am not getting into details.

At the end of the weekend, R decided she was gonna come back with me to my home, at least for a while, rather than go back up to where she’s been living. A break from personal issues. Then, just as we were about to leave Phily we decided on a whim to go pick up S, our mutual lady friend and ended up going all the way into NYC to pick her up, before driving back in an epic 16 hour marathon (of which I did pretty much all the driving, which mean I drove the car for about 17+ hours pretty much without breaking). It was rough, but fun. And then we spent the next three days together having fun and relaxing. S got sent back to NYC for her job and a doc appointment, and R is currently staying with me. How long, we don’t know for sure, but we’re taking it a day at a time and looking at it being a while. πŸ™‚

And thus was my epic adventure.